Foodie

Saturday, November 04, 2006

Curry Chicken Nyonya

It was already 6.00 pm by the time we got home from The Recreation Center where Renee has her swimming lesson and i have to get dinner fast as we are all famished after the swim and hot tub. Luckily, http://mytasteofasia.com has asked me to test out sme of their products and this is the most appropriate time to cook one of them, as the curry will be ready when my rice is cooked and i have dinner on the table. The curry is flavorful and lemon grass is greatly present and this is what makes the curry NYONYA.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Ingredients:

3 pieces of leg quarters - cut into bite size
salt and pepper for seasoning the chicken
1 tbsp oil
3 tomatoes - cut into wedges
1/2 big onion - cut into thin slices
1 pkt Instant Curry Chicken Nyonya Mix (ChanHong)
1 pkt Coconut Cream Powder (Kelapa) + 150 ml warm water
salt to taste

Method:

Season the chicken pieces with salt and pepper and when oil is hot, sear all sides of chicken until brown. Remove and leave aside.

Add sliced onions into the oil and stir until the onions are wilted.

Add in the pkt of instant curry chicken nyonya mix and saute until combine, then add in the 1/2 cooked chicken pieces. Stir well.

Add in 1/2 of the tomatoe wedges and then cover for 2 minutes for chicken to cook through.


Add in the coconut powder mixture, stir and cook until chicken is totally cooked and the sauce has thickened.

Add salt to taste and the rest of the tomatoes.

Serve hot.






Serves

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi
i love your blog. i'm an indian always fascinated about chinese food. i always wondering how can you cook so many side dishes on busy day. your blog is helping me thank you

Unknown said...

anonymous

that's why these instant spice mixes are very valuable in my pantry

Anonymous said...

Is this mix really spicy?

Unknown said...

speedoflight

it was not spicy for my family and to tone down spiciness, add more coconut milk or sugar or lime juice

Purple~MushRooM said...

This is gonna be my next try, if I can find the same paste in China.
Actually, I found the sambal nasi lemak in Parkson Shanghai. I think it should make a good breakfast nasi lemak. I will buy and try it next time.

sue said...

Hi Lily, where do you buy your curry pastes from? I used to order from My Taste of Asia, but they have shut down, much to my disappointment. These curry pastes are so convenient yet authentic. Your curries look so appetizing!!!

Sue.
P.S. What happened to your blog, Lily? It has a lot of funny words, or is it my laptop...

Unknown said...

Sue

i too will be in dilemma soon cos i have ran out of Delima's product and have to beg friends to bring back some from Malaysia.

I must apologise for the last few days, i was trying to have a new look and finally it is done. Sorry.

sue said...

Hi Lily, a friend of mine from New York, recommended me to a website..tastilah.com...based in California..they carry all types of curry pastes...the brand name is Chilliz..I've ordered some, but have yet to try them out, maybe this weekend..if you are interested..check out this website...in the meantime, I'm still hoping for My Taste of Asia to reopen..

Sue

meichng said...

u can find tean's curry paste at www.asiansupermarket365.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...