Foodie

Saturday, November 27, 2010

High Roast Turkey - The Final Destination

The final destination for the Turkey was The Thanksgiving Potluck Dinner.  As i have mentioned before that it will take me 80 minutes to finish roasting the prepared turkey and i was right.  The turkey came out of the oven 80 minutes  in perfection. 

The color was more than golden brown and the meat temperature was the correct temperature as recommended.  I am sorry that i forgot to take a picture of the bird when it came out of the oven as a friend came and i had to help her to make her dish for the potluck.  My friend, Meow, had wanted to mashed sweet potatoes as she confessed that that was what she could come with on her own but i told her that i will guide her to something more interesting  - Bacon Wraps.  While my friend's dish was broiling in the oven, i had to debone the turkey and time was not with me at that moment. With hands full of grease, using the camera was not possible - i will be banned for life from touching the camera if i had tried to use it.  Thank goodness that when i had done cutting up the turkey, the owner of the camera appeared, all dolled up pretty and i requested for help although the plating was not compleled.  So, at least now i have a picture of my roasted turkey.  ok, time to remove the Bacon Wraps  from the oven - crispy and unbelievablly fragrant.  I will post the recipe in my next posting.






















I did not make any Sausage Dressing this year but instead i cooked rice. 

For how to cook the rice, it is  HERE

4 comments:

Jan said...

wow awesome...

http://cookingbachelors.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

I shred turkey meat leftover to make samosa and empanada with some leftover carrots and other vegetables.



Maria

Quay Po Cooks said...

Looks like a perfected roasted turkey.

Amanda Lee said...

Delicious! Thank you for putting in the time to make a nice bird :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...